When you are charged with a crime, usually most of the evidence against you has been collected. The police may try to talk to you and tell you that they want to give you a chance to help yourself but this usually means that they try to get you to admit the charges or even more damning yourself to improve the existing case against you.
Most do not understand that it is a perfectly legal and legitimate tactic for the police to lie to you, but if you are caught lying to them, that is a crime. It is one way only.
You can opt for the best criminal defense lawyer in Palm springs.
Image Source: Google
You should never talk to the police without consulting a lawyer first. An attorney can guide you on what your constitutional rights and can help you make the best decision in your case on how to move forward.
Depending on the type of charge and your criminal history, if you have one, punishment and severity will vary widely. Some of the potential sentences could include:
- Go to jail
- Increased penalties if you are a repeat offender
- Pay large fines
- Losing your driver license
- Are required to register as an offender for life
- Attending abuse counseling
- Experiments which includes the court fee every month
- drug testing; Having a permanent criminal record
- Losing your right to legally carry a firearm for life.